Community League Referees (must be grade 9 or older)
Each registration contains descriptions and details of that particular program.
Please see our new Important Dates page on the left menu of our web site for this season's Important Dates for all programs.
Traveling Program Tryouts Information, and Traveling Team Tournament Schedules are available on the Traveling Teams Program page on the top menu of our web site.
The success of our programs, and your kids' enjoyment of the season relies heavily on parent volunteers!! Please offer your time, energy, enthusiasm, and leadership for the benefit of the kids!!! REGISTER HERE!!!
2018-19 Traveling Program Tryout Schedule and Notes
2018 – 2019 Boys Traveling Program Tryout Schedule
• Sunday, September 23 and Sunday, September 30
• Chanhassen High School Gym 3 (Main Gym)
• 8th Grade 11:00am – 12:30pm
• 7th Grade 1:00pm – 2:30pm
• 6th Grade 3:00pm – 4:30pm
• 5th Grade 5:00pm - 6:30pm
• 4th Grade 7:00pm – 8:30pm
2018 – 2019 Girls Traveling Program Tryout Schedule
• Saturday, September 15 and Saturday, September 22
• Pioneer Ridge Middle School Gym
• 4th Grade 8:00am – 9:30am
• 6th Grade 10:00am – 11:30am
• 7th Grade 12:00pm – 1:30pm
• 8th Grade 2:00pm – 3:30pm
• 5th Grade 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Notes for Boys and Girls Tryouts
• All players MUST ATTEND BOTH TRYOUT SESSIONS
• Registration fees must be paid in order to try out
Fees = $360 for grade 4, $440 for grades 5-8
• $50 late fee will be assessed for anyone registering less than one week prior to first tryout session
• If cuts are necessary and your child is not placed on a travel team, their registration will be automatically moved to our Community League (In-House) program, and we will mail you a check for the fee difference
Mandatory Parent and Player Meeting
Wednesday, September 12th at 7:30pm
Chanhassen High School Auditorium
Program and season details
Q&A with CAA Basketball Leadership
Uniform Sizing and Apparel Ordering
Registration fee includes uniform and shooting shirt
All players must be sized for uniform. Attend either session.
The CAA Basketball Leadership Team wishes you all lots of fun with family and friends this last month of summer!
As you know, we just opened registration for all our 2018-19 programs. We are excited to see everyone sign up - players, coaches, referees, and other volunteers. Here are some news bits to help you prepare for the upcoming season:
IMPORTANT DATES page - on the left menu of our web site is one page containing the Important Dates for the season, for all programs. Please use this page as a handy reference this season. More dates and details will be communicated throughout the season, such as picture days for each program, and other program-specific events.
TRAVELING PROGRAM TRYOUT SCHEDULE and TOURNAMENTS SCHEDULES - you can find these at the top of the Traveling Teams Program page, in News Articles on the Home page, and in the Documents section on the left menu.
NEW BASKETBALL LEADERS
Please welcome Dave Erickson, he has joined our team to run our Girls Grades 4-8 West Metro Community Leagues!
Rachel Gustad has joined our team as Co-Director of our Traveling Tournament, she will work with Tony Williams as he winds down his final years of service to our program. Welcome Rachel!
Welcome back Pam Neils, she has returned to our team as Vice President!
We are currently seeking new volunteers to fill these roles on our leadership team. Please reach out to any CAA Basketball Leader (here is a link to our contact info on the Basketball Leadership page) with any questions, or to express your interest in helping the kids enjoy a great basketball experience!
Boys Grades 4-5 Storm Hawks Community Leagues
Boys Grades 6-8 Southwest Community Leagues
Boys Traveling Program - Monte Johnson is stepping away, but will help with transition to new leader
Player and Coach Development - Developmental and Community Leagues
Player and Coach Development - Boys Traveling Teams
Looking forward to seeing many of the kids play in our first event of the season, our hosted Midwest 3-on-3 League beginning this Sunday. See you at the gym!!