Here, you'll be able to get news, information, schedules, rosters, game results, directions and much much more. Check back frequently for the latest information about our club.
CAA Basketball 2014-15
Hello and Greetings from your CAA Basketball Board!
Planning for the upcoming season started before the end of last season, and continued all summer. Many of those plans are already in motion... but a quick update, and a few reminders, as we get ready for the Labor Day Holiday Weekend...
*Registration is open for ALL Boys and Girls, ALL Grades, both Travel and In House!! Don't wait, Please Register NOW! Deadlines for 3rd Grade and Travel are quickly approaching!!
*TRAVEL TRY-OUTS- all information regarding Travel Try-Outs were posted on the CAA Basketball Home Page. NOTE - Try-outs take place earlier this year; mark your schedules appropriately.
** Registration for our 6th Grade Girls Travel Program is currently
quite low; we need additional players, to ensure we field a team
at this grade level. Anyone who may be interested, should
contact any Board Member with questions, or for more information!
* Coaches (ALL)- we are very appreciative of those parents who volunteer their time, effort and energy to coaching. PLEASE, help us, to help you, by REGISTERING on-line! This allows us to better coordinate the list of coaches available for the upcoming season. This includes Prior Year Coaches, as well as New Coaches, and is inclusive of ALL In-House and Travel Coaches!!
* 4th-8th Grade Girls In-House Program- NEW THIS YEAR, a very exciting update!! All teams will participate in the West Metro Girls Basketball League, playing games vs in-house teams from Chaska, Edina, Minnetonka, EP, and Wayzata!! Our Boys, 6th-8th Grade In-House teams have played in a similar league, and the feedback has been outstanding. This will add more variety and eliminate playing the same - in some cases - 2 or 3 teams for an entire season.
** As the season progresses, please feel free to provide
feedback...both yours, and your daughter's!!
* GRADES 1-3; Chaska (CAYBBA) and CAA coordinate leagues, to allow your child to play Basketball for a FULL Season. CAA encourages 1rst and 2nd Graders to play in CAYBBA's program from Oct through Dec as well as 3rd graders, from Jan-Mar. Click HERE to go to CAYBBA's web site (www.caybba.org)
* 1st & 2nd Grade: Oct - Dec CAYBBA
* 1st & 2nd Grade: Jan - Mar CAA
* 3rd Grade: Oct - Dec CAA
* 3rd Grade: Jan - Mar CAYBBA
* NEW CAA Guidelines for Additional Travel Teams; criteria has been created, to consider adding an additional travel team at a grade level. For more information, from the CAA Basketball Home page, click on "Documents", then click on "Travel Team Information" and select "Criteria for Additional Travel Teams"
* CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSET; CAA is partnering with the FastBreak Foundation of the Minnesota Timberwolves to donate used uniforms. If you'd like to donate old uniforms, including jerseys, shorts and warm up pants, bring them to the Chanhassen High School on the following dates, during Travel Try-Outs:
* Sept 13; 12-9p
* Sept 21; 11a-8p
Leave the uniforms at the donation table. For more information, from the CAA Basketball Home Page, click on "Documents", then click on "Special Events" and then select "Uniform Donations".
Best wishes from the entire CAA Basketball Board, to you and your family for a fun Labor Day Weekend, and a successful start to the 2014-15 School Year!!
Note - this is a broadcast message to all CAA Families, with information about our CAA Basketball Program. We apologize if this message does not pertain to you or your family.